NPS (Shoes) Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
Information that we’ll process in connection with our products, if relevant, includes:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
With your consent or explicit consent:
- To send information to improve our products and servcices
- For some promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- For some market research purposes via email, phone, fax or email depending which methods you have opted in to.
- Email addresses collected from sign up to our newsletters are stored on MailChimp (mailchimp.com), MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- You can stop our marketing at any time by following the instructions in the communication
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
NPS (Shoes) Ltd
17 South Street
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
List of cookies we collect
The below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
CART – The association with your shopping cart
CATEGORY_INFO – Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
COMPARE – The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
CURRENCY – Your preferred currency
CUSTOMER – An encrypted version of your customer ID with the store.
CUSTOMER_AUTH – An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
CUSTOMER_INFO – An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS – Stored the Customer Segment ID
EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE – A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
FRONTEND – Your session ID on the server.
GUEST_VIEW – Allows guests to edit their orders
LAST_CATEGORY – The last category you visited.
LAST_PRODUCT – The most recent product you have viewed
NEWMESSAGE – Indicates whether a new message has been recieved
NO_CACHE – Indicated whether it is allowed to use cache.
PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART – A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
POLL – The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
POLLN – Information on what polls you have voted on.
RECENTLYCOMPARED – The items that you have recently compared.
SITE – Information on products you have emailed to friends.
STORE – The store view or language you have selected.
VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS – The products that you have recently viewed.
WISHLIST – An encrypted list of products added to your wishlist.
WISHLIST_CNT – The number of items in your wishlist.